The Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Serbia
Integrated Interdisciplinary Research (IIR project)
University of Belgrade – Institute of Chemistry, Technology and Metallurgy – Center for Catalysis and Chemical Engineering
University of Belgrade – Institute of Chemistry, Technology and Metallurgy – Center for Catalysis and Chemical Engineering; University of Belgrade – Institute of Chemistry, Technology and Metallurgy, Sector of Ecology and Technoeconomy; Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts – Institute of Technical Sciences; University of Niš – Faculty of Technology (Leskovac); University of Belgrade – Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy; University of Belgrade – Faculty of Physical Chemistry
Dušan Jovanović, University of Belgrade – Institute of Chemistry, Technology and Metallurgy – Center for Catalysis and Chemical Engineering,
12 Njegoševa street, 11000 Belgrade 6, PAK 125213, Republic of Serbia
Number of Researchers:
Aim and Scope:
The project comprises: the synthesis of multi-component catalysts, applicable in industrial food production processes and synthesis of a new type of catalyst for industrial production of biodiesel; modification of bentonite and commercial materials by substituents, active components and promoters with goal of synthesis of nanomaterials applicable in catalyst synthesis, environmental protection, photocatalysis and electrocatalysis; synthesis of composites, nanocomposites and geotextiles based on bentonite-polymer/textile applicable in environmental protection and sorption processes; use of supercritical fluids in the synthesis of nano-sized and submicronic particles of new composite materials and effective supports/adsorbents (food processing, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry); modeling of reaction mechanisms at phase boundaries during catalyst syntheses and of nonlinear adsorption and catalytic processes on composite materials with fractal pore structure using stoichiometric network analysis; analysis of current and projected market with identification of factors that determine projected costs and price analysis according to projected product range; comparative analysis of optional technological process and production facility solutions from the aspect of technical feasibility and economic efficiency; specific analysis of process and production facility suitability from the aspect of its micro- and macro-location and environmental impact for two selected production programs.
The synthesis of active and selective catalysts for the hydrogenation of edible vegetable oil and fat and their use in food industry; the synthesis of a new type of biodiesel production catalyst from domestic resources, alcoholysis (methanolysis/ethanolysis) of oil feedstock and conquest of glycerol separation technology; bentonite modification with goal of synthesis of sorbents for the removal of organic and inorganic pollutants, catalysts for the degradation of water pollutants by oxidation, sensors and biosensors, electrocatalysts in the oxidation of phenol, toluene, benzene and different textile dyes, composites for photocatalytic degradation of dyes, composites based on polymers and geotextiles; the obtainment of aerogel and other catalyst supports, active compounds, as well as adsorbents, with possible application in the production of biodiesel, food or cosmetics; techno-economic analysis and project documentation preparation for individual products and technologies as a background for the practical application of investigation results in economically and ecologically feasible industrial practice.
- Z. Mojović, N. Jović-Jovičić, P. Banković, M. Žunić, A. Abu Rabi- Stanković, A. Milutinović-Nikolić, D. Jovanović, “Electrooxidation of phenol on different organo bentonite-based electrodes ”, Applied Clay Science, 53 (2011) 331–335.
- Z. Mojović, P. Banković, N. Jović-Jovičić, A. Milutinović-Nikolić, A. Abu Rabi-Stanković, D. Jovanović, “Electrocatalytic behavior of nickel impregnated zeolite electrode”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 36 (2011) 13343-13351.
- Z. Mojović, N. Jović-Jovičić, A. Milutinović-Nikolić, P. Banković, A. Abu Rabi-Stanković, D. Jovanović, “Phenol determination on HDTMA–bentonite-based electrodes”, Journal of Hazardous Materials 194 (2011) 178–184.
- A. Z. Ivanović-Šašić, V. M. Marković, S. R. Anić, Lj. Z. Kolar-Anić and Ž. D. Čupić, Structures of chaos in open reaction systems, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 13 (2011) 20162-20171.
- Z. Sandić, A. Nastasović, N. Jović-Jovičić, A. Milutinović-Nikolić, D. Jovanović, „Sorption of textile dye from aqueous solution by macroporous amino functionalized copolymer” , Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 121(1) (2011) 234-242.
- S. Marinović, A. Milutinović-Nikolić, M. Žunić, Z. Vuković, D. Maksin, A. Nastasović, D. Jovanović, “Porous Glycidyl Methacrylate-Bentonite Composite”, Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 85(13) (2011) 2386-2391.
- J. P. Maksimović, Ž. D. Čupić, D. Lončarević, N. Pejić, D. Vasiljević-Radović, S. Anić: “Kinetics of the Bray-Liebhafsky Oscillatory Reaction Perturbed by Polymer Supported Cobalt Catalyst”, Science of Sintering, 43 (2011) 55-62.
- A. Milutinović-Nikolić, J. Dostanić, P. Banković, N. Jović-Jovičić, S. Lukić, B. Rosić, D. Jovanović „A new type of bentonite-based non-woven composite“, J Serb Chem Soc, 76(10) (2011) 1411-1425.
- S. M. Blagojević, S. R. Anić, Ž. D. Čupić, “Influence of most important radicals on the numericaly simulated BelousovZhabotinsky oscillatory reaction under batch conditions” Russ J Phys Chem A, 85 (2011) 2274-2278.
- N. Begović, Z. Marković and S. Anić, “Kinetics of thermal reaction HOCl a reversible arrow H((2)S)+OCl(X(2)I(i)) in gas phase” Russ J Phys Chem A, 85 (2011) 2283–2287.
- N. Pejić, M. Vujković, J. Maksimović, A. Ivanović, S. Anić, Ž. Čupić, Lj. Kolar-Anić, “Dynamic behavior of the Bray-Liebhafsky oscillatory reaction controlled by sulfuric acid and temperature” Russ. J. Phys. Chem. A, 85 (2011) 2310-2316.
- V. M. Marković, Ž. Čupić, A. Ivanović, Lj. Kolar-Anić, “The Stability of the Extended Model of Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal (HPA) Axis examined by Stoichiometric Network Analysis (SNA)” Russ. J. Phys. Chem. A, 85 (2011) 2327-2335.
- V. M. Marković, Ž. Čupić, V. Vukojević, Lj. Kolar-Anić “Predictive Modeling of the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal (Hpa) Axis Response to Acute and Chronic Stress” Endocrine Journal, 58 (2011) 889-904.
- J. Dostanić, N. Valentić, G. Uščumlić, D. Mijin, Synthesis of 5-(substituted phenylazo)-6-hydroxy-4-methyl-3-cyano-2-pyridones from ethyl 3-oxo-2-(substituted phenylazo)butanoates, Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society 76 (4) (2011) 499-504.
- J. Dostanić, D. Lončarević, P. Banković, O. Cvetković, D. Jovanović, D. Mijin, Influence of process parameters on the photodegradation of synthesized azo pyridone dye in TiO2 water suspension under simulated sunlight, Journal of Environmental Science and Health Part A - Toxic/Hazardous Substances & Environmental Engineering 46(1) (2011) 70-79.
- J. Dostanić, B. Grbić, N. Radić, P. Stefanov, Z. Šaponjić, J. Buha, D. Mijin, Photodegradation of an azo pyridone dye using TiO2 films prepared by the spray pyrolysis method, Chemical Engineering Journal, 180 (2012) 57-65.
- D. D. Maksin, A. B. Nastasović, A. D. Milutinović-Nikolić, Lj. T. Suručić, Z. P. Sandić, R. V. Hercigonja, A. E. Onjia, „Equilibrium and kinetics study on hexavalent chromium adsorption onto diethylene triamine grafted glycidyl methacrylate based copolymers“, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 209-210 (2012) 99-110.
- P. Banković, A. Milutinović-Nikolić, Z. Mojović, N. Jović-Jovičić, M. Žunić, V. Dondur, D. Jovanović, „Al,Fe-Pillared clays in catalytic decolorization of aqueous tartrazine solutions“, Applied Clay Science, 58 (2012) 73-78.
- Z. Mojović, P. Banković, N. Jović-Jovičić, A. Abu Rabi-Stanković, A. Milutinović-Nikolić, D. Jovanović, "Carbon Monoxide Electrooxidation on Pt and PtRu Modified Zeolite X", Journal of Porous Materials, 19 (2012) 695-703.
- T. M. Mudrinić, Z. D. Mojović, A. S. Abu Rabi-Stanković, A. Z. Ivanović-Šašić, A. D. Milutinović-Nikolić, D. M. Jovanović, Oxidation of hydroxide ions at platinum modified zeolite electrode, Hemijska industrija, Vol., 66 (2012) DOI:10.2298/HEMIND111223027M.
- A. Abu Rabi-Stanković, Z. Mojović, A. Milutinović-Nikolić, N. Jović-Jovičić, P. Banković, M. Žunić, D. Jovanović, Electrooxidation of p-nitrophenol on organobentonite modified electrodes, Clays and Clay Minerals, 60(3) (2012) 291–299.
- P. Banković, A. Milutinović-Nikolić, Z. Mojović, N. Jović-Jovičić, M. Perović, V. Spasojević, D. Jovanović, „Synthesis and characterization of bentonites rich in beidellite with incorporated Al or Al-Fe oxide pillars”, Microporous & Mesoporous Materials, 165 (2013) 247–256.
- J. Krstić, Z. Mojović, A. Abu Rabi, D. Lončarević, N. Vukelić, D. Jovanović, “Adsorption of Methylen Blue from Aqueous Solution onto Bentonit”, Survival and Sustainability: Environmental Concerns in the 21st Century, Editors: Hüsein Gökçekuş, Umut Türker, James W. LaMoreaux, Springer, 2011, pp.1097-1106.
- A. Nastasović, Z. Sandić, D. Maksin, A. Onjia, A. Milutinović-Nikolić, D. Jovanović, „Macroporous and non-porous amino-functionalized glycidyl methacrylate based copolymers for hexavalent chromium sorption“, Chapter 8 in "Chromium: Environmental, Medical and Materials Studies", Nova Science Publishers, 2011, pp. 155-172.
- Željko Čupić, Vladimir Marković, Ana Ivanović, Ljiljana Kolar-Anić, “Modeling of the Complex Nonlinear Processes: Determination of the Instability Region by the Stoichiometric Network Analysis” in: Christopher R. Brennan, Ed. Mathematical Modelling, Nova Science Publishers Inc., New York, in press, ISBN: 978-1-61209-651-3.
- M. Davidović, M. Kutin, S. Linić, U. Mioč, Z. Nedić, S. Sredić, A. Nikolić, D. Jovanović, P. Pissis, „Nanocomposite Based on Natural Materials”, Advances in Diverse Industrial Applications of Nanocomposites, Edited by Boreddy S. R. Reddy, Published by InTech, Rijeka, Croatia, March 2011, pp. 37 – 56.