Institute for chemistry, technology and metallurgy
- Institute for chemistry, technology and metallurgy,
- Faculty of chemistry, University of Belgrade,
- Faculty of Mining and Geology, University of Belgrade,
- Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade,
- Faculty of Science, University of Kragujevac,
- Faculty of Technology, Leskovac,
- Educons University,
- Serbian Geological Institute,
- Institute for technology of nuclear and other mineral raw materials
Prof. dr Miroslav M. Vrvić, full proffesor, Faculty of chemistry, University of Belgrade
Number of Researchers:
43 Aim and Scope:
By ex/in situ bioremediation through the utilization of the selected active consortia of zymogenous microorganisms (MO), which features will be determined (isolated or microbiomically proven), oil pollutants will be degraded with the simultaneous soilification by humification of the degraded areas resulting from surface exploitation (primarily of coal and its use as a power source-ash dump). Hydrocarbon pollutants in natural or artificial layered soil substrates will be biodegraded, thus conducting a guided harmonization of biogeochemical cycles that are critical for land fertility, with the concurrent immobilization of toxic elements. The overall success of these procedures will depend on the contamination control and modelling, and the protection of ground and surface waters as key pollutant carriers. In that way it will be possible to protect mineral waters and plant life from these pollutants, and to create a possibility to use these resources as sources of bioactive substances and fresh cattle feed. The focus will be on biosurfаctants (their application in bioremediation), enzymes (immobilized as nanobiomaterials) and bioactive compounds of plants with antimicrobial, anticoagulative and antioxidant activities. Formulation, production and clinical studies of the nutritionally new infant (I) formulas (F)-dietetic products in the category of functional foods which use fresh milk as the basic raw material will be focused on formulations having new-their own symbiotics.
Subproject 1: Simultaneous bioremediation and soilification
New technology in environmental protection applied as original and unique.
Scientific papers about this!
Subproject 2: Protection of geo- and bioenvironment as natural resources and sources of biologically active substances
Management model for the protection of geo- and bioenvironments applicable to concrete degraded areas.
Systemic data about mineral waters with essential microelements as bioactive components, especially those having the features of nutraceuticals-vitafood.
Scientific papers about this!
Subproject 3: Biomaterials and biocatalysis
Biosurfactants and enzymes for the application in bioremediation and biocatalitical transformations, especially as bionanomaterials.
Tested herbal bioactive preparations that have antimicrobial, anticoagulative and antioxidative activity.
Scientific papers about this!
Subproject 4: Development and production of new dietetic products based on natural resources
Pullulan and chemically modified nanomaterials to be applied in dietetic products, but also as a matrix of composite materials applied otherwise.
One's own synbiotic on the level of documentation completed for the EFSA.
Minimum 3 new dietetic products at the market.
Scientific papers about this!
1. Zoran Stevanović, Peter Kozak, Milojko Lazić, Janos Szanyi, Dušan Polomčić, Balazs Kovacs, Jozsef Torok, Saša Milanović, Bojan Hajdin and Petar Papić; Towards Sustainable Management of Transboundary Hungarian-Serbian Aquifer; in Transboundary Water Resources Management - A Multydisciplinary Approach, WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, 2011, p. 143-149
2. Jovan Kovačević, Zoran Nikić, Petar Papić; Natural Radioactive Elements in the Region of Closed Uranium Mines on Stara planina, Eastern Serbia; in The New Uranium Mining Boom, Challenge and Lessons Learned, ed. Broder Merkel, Mandy Schipek; Springer, 2011, p. 315-324
3. Tanja Petrović, Milena Zlokolica Mandić, Nebojša Veljković, Petar Papić, Jana Stojković; Geochemistry of Bottled Waters in Serbia; in Clean Soil and Safe Water, ed. F.F. Quercia & D. Vidojevic 2012, Springer, p. 247
4. Miodrag Lazić, Nada Nikolić; The Main Components, Rheology Properties and Lipid Profile of Wheat-Soybean Flour; in Recent Treds for Enhancing the diversity and Quality of Soybean Products, InTech, 2011, p. 81-94
5. Ivan Spasojević, Budimir Obradović, Snežana Spasić, Bench-to-beside review: Neonatal sepsis – redox processes in pathogenesis, Critical Care 16 (2012) 221-231
6. M. Pesic, M. Barac, M. Vrvic, N. Ristic, O. Macej, S. Stanojevic, Qualitative and quantitative analysis of bovine milk adulteration in caprine and ovine milks using native-PAGE, Food Chem. 125 (2011) 1443-1449
7. M.B. Pesic, M.B. Barac, M.M. Vrvic, N.M. Ristic, O.D. Macej, S.P. Stanojevic, Aleksandar Z. Kostic, The distributions of major whey proteins in acid wheys obtained from caprine/ bovine and ovine/bovine milk mixtures, Int. Dairy J. 21(2011) 831-838
8. M. Stanković, M. Ćurčić, J. Žižić, M. Topuzović, S. Solujić, S. Marković, Teucrium plant species as natural sources of novel anticancer compounds: antiproliferative, proapoptotic and antioxidant properties, Int. J. Mol. Sci. 12(7) (2011) 4190-4205
9. Milan Mladenović, Mirjana Mihailović, Desanka Bogojević, Sanja Matić, Neda Nićiforović, Vladimir Mihailović, Nenad Vuković, Slobodan Sukdolak, Slavica Solujić, In Vitro Antioxidant Activity of Selected 4-Hydroxy-Chromene-2-One Derivatives—SAR, QSAR and DFT Studies, Int. J. Mol. Sci. 12 (2011) 2822-2841
10. Michael Everton Andrades, Arian Morina, Snežana Spasić, Ivan Spasojević, Bench-to-bedside review: Sepsis – from the redox point of view, Critical Care 15 (2011) 230
11. V.P. Beškoski, G. Gojgić-Cvijović, J. Milić, M. Ilić, S. Miletić, T. Šolević, M.M. Vrvić, Ex situ bioremediation of a soil contaminated by mazut (heavy residual fuel oil) – A field experiment, Chemosphere 83 (2011), 34-40
12. Dubravka Relić, Dragana Đorđević, Sanja Sakan, Ivan Anđelković, Srđan Miletić, Jelena Đuričić; Aqua regia extracted metals in sediments from the industrial area and surroundings of Pančevo, Serbia; J. Hazardous Mat. 186 (2011), 1893-1901
13. J. Nikolov, N. Todorovic, T. Petrovic - Pantic, S. Forkapic, D. Mrdja, I. Bikit, M. Krmar, M. Veskovic, Exposure to radon in the radon spa Niška Banja, Serbia, Radiation Measurements in press
14. G.D. Gojgic-Cvijovic, J.S. Milic, T.M. Solevic, V.P. Beskoski, M.V. Ilic, L.S. Djokic, T.M. Narandzic, M.M. Vrvic, Biodegradation of petroleum sludge and petroleum polluted soil by a bacterial consortium: a laboratory study, Biodegradation 23(1) (2012) 1-14
15. Olga B. Laugier, Snezana D. Spasić, Vesna Mandić, Dragica Jakovljević, Miroslav M. Vrvić, The effect of repetitive alkaline/acid extractions of Saccharomyces cerevisiae cell wall on antioxidative and bifidogenic efficacy, Int. J. Food Sci. Tech. 47 (2012) 369-375
16. M. Ilić, M. Antić, V. Antić, J. Schwarzbauer, M. Vrvić, B. Jovančićević, Investigation of bioremediation potential of zymogenous bacteria and fungi for crude oil degradation, Environ. Chem. Lett. 9 (2011) 133–140
17. Milan Mladenović, Mirjana Mihailović, Desanka Bogojević, Sanja Matić, Neda Nićiforović, Vladimir Mihailović, Nenad Vuković, Slobodan Sukdolak, Slavica Solujić; In vitro Antioksidant Activity of Selected 4-Hydroxy-Chromene-2-One Derivatives – SAR, QSAR and DFT Studies; Int. J. Mol. Sci. 12 (2011); p.2822-2841
18. Vladimir P. Beškoski, Gordana Đ. Gojgić-Cvijović, Jelena S. Milić, Mila V. Ilić, Srđan B. Miletić, Branimir S. Jovančićević, Miroslav M. Vrvić, Bioremedijacija zemljišta kontaminiranog naftom i naftnim derivatima: mikroorganizmi, putanje razgradnje, tehnologije, Hem. Ind. 66(2) (2012) 275-289
19. Tanja M. Petrović, Milena Zlokolica Mandić, Nebojša Veljković, Petar J. Papić, Maja M. Poznanović, Jana S. Stojković, Sava M. Magazinović, Makro- i mikroelementi u flaširanim vodama i vodama iz javnih vodovoda u Srbiji, Hem. Ind. 66(1) (2012) 107-122
20. Milena G. Rikalović, Gordana Gojgić-Cvijović, Miroslav M. Vrvić, Ivanka Karadžić, Production and characterization of rhamnolipids from Pseudomonas aeruginosa san-ai, J. Serb. Chem. Soc. 77(1) (2012) 27-42
21. Olivera Krunic, Tomislav Jovanović, Stanko Sorajić, Petar Dokmanović, Classification of some significant occurences and mineral, thermal, and thermomineral water deposits of Bosnia and Herzegovina according to V.V. Ivanov classification, Technics Technologies Education Management / TTEM 6(4) (2011) 1040-1053
22. Karabegovic Ivana T Nikolova Milena T Velickovic Dragan T Stojicevic Sasa S Veljkovic Vlada B Lazic Midorag L., Comparison of Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Activities of Methanolic Extracts of the Artemisia sp Recovered by Different Extraction Techniques, Chinese Journal Of Chemical Engineering 19(3) (2011) 504-511
23. Sanja Matić, Snezana Stanić, Desanka Bogojević, Slavica Solujić, Nevena Grdović, Melita Vidaković, Mirjana Mihailović, Genotoxic potential of Cotinus coggygria Scop. (Anacardiaceae) stem extract in vivo, Genetics and Molecular Biology, 34(2) (2011) 298-303
24. Milan S. Stankovic, Neda Nićiforovic, Marina Topuzović, Slavica Solujić, Total phenolic content, flavonoid concentrations and antioxidant activity, of the whole plant and plant parts extracts from Teucrium montanum L. Var. Montanum, f. Supinum (L.) Reichenb, Biotechnology and Biotechnological Equipment 25(1) (2011) 2222-2227
25. Pavle Z. Mašković, Jelena D. Mladenović, Milica S. Cvijović, Gordana Aćamović–Đoković, Slavica R. Solujić, Marija M. Radojević, Phenolic content, antioxidant and atifungal activities of acetonic, ethanolic and petroleum ether extract of Hypericum perforatum L., Hemijska industrija, 65(2) (2011) 159-164
26. Solevic, Tatjana; Novakovic, Milan; Ilic, Mila; Antic, Malisa; Vrvic, Miroslav M.; Jovancicevic, Branimir, Investigation of the bioremediation potential of aerobic zymogenous microorganisms in soil for crude oil biodegradation, J. Serb. Chem. Soc. 76(3) (2011) 425-438
27. Nikoleta M. Lugonja, Olga B. Martinov, Mirjana M. Rasovic, Snezana D. Spasic, Gordana Dj. Gojgic, Miroslav M. Vrvic, A Comparative Investigation on an in vitro and Clinical Test of the Bifidogenic Effect of an Infant Formula, J. Clin. Biochem. Nutr. 47 (2010) 208-216
28. Vladimir Mihailović, Nenad Vuković, Neda Nićiforović, Slavica Solujić, Milan Mladenović, Pavle Mašković, Milan S. Stanković, Studies on the antimicrobial activity and chemical composition of the essential oils and alcoholic extracts of Gentiana asclepiadea L, J. Med. Plant. Res. 5(7) (2011) 1164-1174
29. Stanić, Matić, Đelić, M. Mihailović, D. Bogojević, S. Solujić; Study of Genotoxicity and Antigenotoxicity of the Cotinus coggygria Scop. Methanol Extract by Drosophila melanogaster Sex-Linked Recessive Lethal Test; Russ. J. Genet. 47(7) (2011) 770-774.
30. Sanja Matić, Snežana Stanić, Slavica Solujić, Tanja Milošević, Neda Nićiforović; Biological properties of the Cotinus coggygria methanol extract; Period. Biol. 113(1) (2011), 87-92
31. Nenad Vuković, Slobodan Sukdolak, Slavica Solujić, Vladimir Mihailović, Milan Mladenović, Jelica Stojanović, Milan S. Stanković, Chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of Teucrium arduini essential oil and cirsimarin from Montenegro, J. Med. Plant. Res. 5(7) (2011) 1244-1250.
32. Olga B. Martinov, Snezana D. Spasic, Nikoleta M. Lugonja, Gordana Dj. Gojgic-Cvijovic, Miroslav M. Vrvic, Infant formula as a substrate for bifidogenesis: An in vitro investigation, Afr. J. Biotechnol. 10(12) (2011) 2302-2307.