Serbian Ministry of Education and Science
Faculty of Chemistry & ICTM-Center of Chemistry
Faculty of Chemistry, ICTM-Centre for Chemistry, , MTI-Belgrade, Innovation Centre of the Faculty of Chemistry, Institute for Molecular Genetics & Genetical Engineering – Belgrade, Institute for Nuclear Sciences “Vinča”, Institute for Technical Sciences SASA (SANU) - Belgrade, National Cancer Research Institute of Serbia - Belgrade Galenika Ltd – Belgrade, Faculty for Agriculture University of Belgrade.
Prof. Dr. Ivan Juranić, IHTM – ICTM-Center of Chemistry
Number of Researchers:
Aim and Scope:
Project is a multidisciplinary one. It encompasses several mutually related topics. Under the study are compounds related to those known to possess physiological effects. Organic synthesis and characterization of physiologically active substances and coordination compounds with potential physiologic activity. Structures of new compounds are determined using spectroscopic and chromatography techniques. Compounds obtained as well-formed crystals are subjected to X-ray analysis. Molecular modelling and QSAR analysis are done for the planning of targeted synthesis. For molecules the extensive ab-initio and semiempirical MO calculations are in progress. For the selected molecules the docking on enzyme active sites are computationally simulated. We continue the development of MM methods for transition metal complexes. We study the consequences of small molecules (cholesterol, drugs) interaction with haemoglobin on its hem-mediated function. For nanomaterials planned in this project is expected to have interesting functional, superconducting, luminescent an ferroelectric properties. Project is relevant for at least 2 priorities defined National Strategy (NRRS): Biomedicine and Nanomaterials. The collaboration with the researchers in Serbia and abroad is extended. The acquisition of new equipment and new software is in progress.
In the year 2011. a 13 category M21 papers, 8 category M22 papers, and 11 category M23. Another few papers were published in journals without impact factor, one invited lecture on international meeting was delivered, and 5 contributions reported on international meeting were published in extenso. As abstracts were printed 22 reports on international meetings. Collaborators of the project were editors of one international and one domestic scientific journals, a dozen collaborators were involved in peer reviewing in renowned international scientific journals. Distinguished researches are engaged in several international projects, too.
Four younger collaborators have obtained their PhD and MsSci titles.
- L. Mančić, B. A. Marinković, K. Marinković, M. Dramićanin, and O. Milošević, Soft chemistry routes for synthesis of rare earth oxide nanoparticles with well defined morphological and structural characteristics, Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 13 (11), 2011, 5887-5897 (IF 3,253- 2010)
- Bogdanović, G.A., Novaković, S.B. “Rigid ferrocene-ferrocene dimer as a common building block in the crystal structures of ferrocene derivatives” (2011) CrystEngComm, 13 (23), pp. 6930-6932. (M21)
- Francuski, B.M., Novaković, S.B., Bogdanović, G.A.: “Electronic features and hydrogen bonding capacity of the sulfur acceptor in thioureido-based compounds. Experimental charge density study of 4-methyl-3-thiosemicarbazide”.(2011) CrystEngComm, 13 (10), pp. 3580-3591.
- * Leovac, V.M., Bogdanović, G.A., Jovanović, L.S., Joksović, L., Marković, V., Joksović, M.D., Denčić, S.M., Isaković, A.D.S., Marković, I., Heinemann, F.W., Trifunović, S., Crossed D Signalović, I. “Synthesis, characterization and antitumor activity of polymeric copper(II) complexes with thiosemicarbazones of 3-methyl-5-oxo-1-phenyl-3-pyrazolin-4- carboxaldehyde and 5-oxo-3-phenyl-3-pyrazolin-4-carboxaldehyde” (2011) Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, 105 (11), pp. 1413-1421.
- A. Savić, M. Dulović, J. M. Poljarević, S. Misirlić Denčić, M. Jovanović, A. Bogdanović, V. Trajković, T. J. Sabo, S. Grgurić-Šipka, I. Marković, Synthesis and in vitro anticancer activity of ruthenium-cymene complexes with cyclohexyl derivatives of ethylenediamine-N,N'-diacetate-type ligands, ChemMedChem. 6 2011 1884-1891
- Branko J. Drakulić, Tatjana P. Stanojković, Željko P. Žižak, Milan M. Dabović “Antiproliferative activity of aroylacrylic acids. Structure-activity study basedon molecular interaction fields” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 46 (2011) 3265-3273
- Ilija N. Cvijetić, Željko P. Žižak, Tatjana P. Stanojković, Zorica D. Juranić, Nataša Terzić, Igor M. Opsenica, Dejan M. Opsenica, Ivan O. Juranić, Branko J. Drakulić: “An alignment independent 3D QSAR study of the antiproliferative activity of 1,2,4,5-tetraoxanes”. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 45 (2010) 4570-4577
- M. Gruden-Pavlović, P. García-Fernández, Lj. Andjelković, C. Daul, M. Zlatar, Treatment of the Multimode Jahn–Teller Problem in Small Aromatic Radicals, J. Phys. Chem. A 115 (2011) 10801-10813, IF: 2.732
- Jong-Ha Choi, Svetozar R. Niketić, Ivana Djordjević, William Clegg, Ross W. Harrington, “Crystal structure and conformational analysis of s-cis-(acetyl-acetonato)(ethylenediamine-N,N′-diacetato)chromium(III). Development of vibrationally optimized force field (VOFF)”. J. Mol. Model. (2011). DOI: 10.1007/s00894-011-1185-2, IF(2010): 1,871.
- Matthias A. Engel, Andreas Leffler, Florian Niedermirtl, Alexandru Babes, Katharina Zimmermann, Miloš R. Filipović, Iwona Izydorczyk, Mirjam Eberhardt, Tatjana I. Kichko, Sonja M. Mueller–Tribbensee, Mohammad Khalil, Norbert Siklosi, Carla Nau, Ivana Ivanović–Burmazović, Winfried L. Neuhuber, Christoph Becker, Markus F. Neurath, Peter W. Reeh, „TRPA1 and substance P mediate colitis in mice“. Gastroenterology 141 (2011) 1346-58 IF: 12.03
- Budimir Marjanović, Ivan Juranić, and Gordana Ćirić-Marjanović: “Revised Mechanism of Boyland Sims Oxidation”. J. Phys. Chem. A (2011), 115(15), 3536-3550; dx.doi.org/10.1021/jp11112¬9t
- Budimir Marjanović, Ivan Juranić, Gordana Ćirić-Marjanović, Igor Pašti, Mirosla-va Trchová, Petr Holler: “Chemical oxidative polymerization of benzocaine”. Reactive & Functional Polymers, 71 (2011) 704–712.
- Marjanović, Budimir; Juranić, Ivan; Ćiric-Marjanović, Gordana. “Reply to "Comment on Revised Mechanism of Boyland-Sims Oxidation””. Journal of Physical Chemistry A , (2011) 115(26)
Prof. Dr Ivan Juranić, Centar za hemiju IHTM, Studentski trg 12, Beograd; firstname.lastname@example.org